New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

29 Days on Whole30

Wednesday is officially day 30 of my Whole30 food elimination. For the past 29 days I have intentionally not ingested any grains, legumes, dairy, or sugars (except those naturally in foods like fruits). I've learned to read every food label. I never knew how many ways labels hid "sugar" in products with fancy names. I've learned about healthy fats (coconut oils/olive oil) and whole foods and nitrates and grass fed meats and organic and preservatives and nightshade veggies and even a little of how to cook better. It's been quite the month!

I'm not done. Over the next month, I will slowly reintroduce foods into my system. I'm starting with rice. I was once told by a naturopath that I may have an intolerance for rice. I'll find out on thurs/fri when I may have a reaction to eating it on Thursday. I will stay eating my whole30 on Friday/Saturday. Then I'll introduce something else on Sunday. It'll be that rotation for just over a month. 

I'll write down any symptoms I have to foods. They could include gut issues, headaches, inflammation, sleeping problems, skin reaction, etc. If I react to a food, then I make the decision to include it in my future diet or not. Somehow this past weekend something I ate was contaminated and I got really swollen - Unfortunately, I have no idea what food it was, but once I reintroduce the culprit and it happens again, I will be taking it out of my diet permanently!

I'm thinking about continuing Paleo after completing the reintroduction of foods. I really enjoy not having so much processed food in my life. I may do a specific autoimmune protocol that is a bit more food limiting for a bit as I read that people actually get off their medications. That would be something!!! Even if I could just slow down the progression of my illness, I'd be ecstatic.

I'm not sure how much weight I've lost. I know I've lost some pounds and some inches. That's good. What I like the most is that my energy is more consistent and I don't feel hungry all the time. The food all tastes so great too! I can't say enough about how much I have enjoyed the whole30 experience. Joy may have introduced me to it, but it's brought me a lot of joy myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: