New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Spring Break

So far I have been to a GA meeting, visited with several GA friends, spent time with my mother, walked a mall, taken a nap, fixed my parents computer, gone grocery shopping, watched four episodes of Parenthood, had brunch with my step-grandfather, and watched tv with my stepdad. My first two days of spring break are going pretty well!

I'm really not used to having so much free time. I feel like I should be opening my statistics textbook or writing my weekly reading summary. I've been balancing so many things, I didn't realize how much I needed a breather. Even my thesis can wait a couple days. I just want to concentrate on me and my health.

For the next two days, I will be with Survivor. I just look forward to some unstructured time with her. We don't get enough of that. It's her birthday today - Happy Birthday Survivor!!!!!

All the people I've spent time with these last couple days have said - "you seem really happy." I really am. I still am. All those ups and downs I write about have nothing on my overall serenity. I'm really good. Life is good. Once you stop looking for perfection and start being grateful for everything in your life, it's so much easier to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: