New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

An Emotional Year of School

It's my week between classes. The official academic year ended Friday and summer session starts next week. I have a lot of catching you up on. Some you know, some not so much...

I think this last academic semester would have to be one of my most challenging academically and emotionally. I'm sure some of my law school quarters were just as academically challenging, but that was a long time ago, so I don't remember. I can say, that I enjoyed the academic challenge of it, though, and I think I did alright in the end. I should know tomorrow.

I've learned a lot this year inside and outside the classroom. My need for my GA program is stronger than ever. Last week I attended an out of state conference and experienced some amazing fellowship. I had the privilege and humbling opportunity to be both a workshop presenter and a closing speaker. Telling part of my story to a room of GA and GAM-ANON peers gave me so much energy, although I think there wasn't a dry eye in the room when I was done. I'll have to work on that! I need to end in a joke or something! Ha!! I love public speaking...

A year ago this month, I was on a fence wondering if I was going to go home on my home confinement date or not. Every day, I was at my case worker's office for updates. Would I be approved for halfway house? Did they ever get my papers? Right now, I lay in my nice comfy bed and reflect on a tough year of growth, and I am grateful for the experiences. They may not have all been pleasant, but I made my way through them. I did not do anything I am ashamed of along the way. I am doing the best I can at the life being a human. I'm proud to have made it through another year of graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: