New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

From Dragonfly: Another Three Day Weekend

Back home, I love long weekends. It's great time to take a short road trip, clean up the house, get things off my to-do list, relax, see movies, spend time with friends, catch up on sleep, eat a good breakfast out, and more. Here, a three-day weekend just means more of the same things I do every other weekend day. Usually, by Monday morning, I am so happy to have my job to go back to.

This weekend is President's Day Weekend. I guess on the outside, everyone is reading the newspaper flyers to see what big President's Day sales are going on. In here, it's three days of the same. Luckily, it is warm outside (I'm actually in my grey shorts), so I can spend some time outside in the sun today. The natural vitamin D should do me some good.

Other things I will do this weekend include helping a friend out writing something, starting a new project (intended to make my locker space more usable), watch the Olympics (if it is on any of the televisions), and clean my room. I am responsible for weekend cleaning. All three days will include this.

I dream for the day that I can go out and do something more. It will happen soon enough. There's no word on "when" my paperwork will be done for my transfer to the camp or my halfway house. Everything is waiting on medical to do their exit summary. If they fail to get it done, there is nothing I can do. So, I think I'll have many more weekends of new projects and cleaning my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: