New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

From Dragonfly: Respect

I don't know if it was out of respect or spite, but when I looked on the "change sheet" sheet tonight, my name was listed and I am now officially unassigned (without a job). I realize that it means they did something different than I was told had to happen (me find a new job, wait for the job committee, etc.), but I really appreciate it. It means that I can release just a little bit of stress from my life. I don't want to be bored, though, so I did send out 9 cop-outs to different departments to see if any desk/office type jobs are available. By the time I hear back, though, I could be at the camp (if that ever happens) or home (here's praying for that). I sent a new message to the Warden yesterday to talk about the exit summary. I think it was pretty clear, asking him for assistance in having my paperwork completed, so that I will not have to max out my time. I don't know what will happen, but if I don't ask, nothing will.

I already have a friend, Taz, telling me that we will spend the day tomorrow writing. I want to start sending letters again. So, I know I won't be too bored... maybe by Wednesday. Freckles has promised to help tutor me, and ensure I am GRE ready. So, the tutor will become the student, perhaps for a while.

I will really miss teaching and the students (although several plan to have me tutor them in the unit). I will miss several staff people, as well as most of the other tutors. There are always drawbacks to moving forward. I do feel like this is a step forward, even though it means I am looking for a new job.

Perhaps, this is the sign of the bird bashing my face early this morning. Perhaps, that is a sign of good luck after all... you never know!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: