New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Headache

Before my incarceration, I was on a daily migraine medication. I would get headaches all the time. I'd wake up with them and sometimes I'd just have to lay in a dark room for hours. 

I'd had these headaches for years, but only got on the medication a couple months before Carswell. The medication seemed to work, and I only fought about 1/4 the number of headaches. Much more manageable. Other migraine meds didn't work, so I was happy to find one that did.

The one medication that Carswell never approved was my migraine medication. I tried to get it, but it was an absolute refusal from day one. Fighting for my enbrel was most important. Amazingly, I got far less headaches than ever before off medication. I only had a handful of really bad ones the entire time I was incarcerated. Maybe, just maybe, I didn't need the medication anymore.

Since I've been home, my headaches have returned. I now see them come on after meals or in the morning. Perhaps it is an allergy reaction or something in food that I didn't have much exposure to at Carswell. 

Someone said that maybe it is stress. I, however, do not think that is possible. If it was stress induced, I would have had my headaches every day incarcerated! Plus, my stressors today are nothing like the stressors of my past.

In a weird way, perhaps Carswell did me a favor. I was able to learn the imputus for my constant headaches and maybe, now, I will be able to find the exact cause. We never know what good can come out of bad. It may take me a while to find the exact cause, but I think I'm on the right track. In the meantime, I need to go take some aspirin and sleep off this headache.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: