New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Reality of Freedom

Today was a simple day. There were massive thunderstorms last night, so Superdog woke me up shaking, which meant I needed to sleep in a bit. I decided to work from home today and had my boss' blessing to do so. I never changed out of my pj's until after noon.

I worked most of the day preparing reports for work in fun, creative, and informative ways. I took a break around 2pm and did a 1980's jazz aerobic exercise routine that I found on the tv. I heated up my lunch in the microwave and I ate while watching a CNN movie off the DVR.

After Sporty got home, we walked to a restaurant about two blocks from here and enjoyed splitting a soup and sandwich. My student I.D. got us 20% off the bill. I sat on my front stoop and let Superdog do her business on the grass. I spent a while entering bills into electronic payments and deposited a small check via e-deposit through my phone.

Tonight, I did the dishes and loaded the dishwasher. I watched the 7th episode of 24: Live Another Day. I also talked with my mom. Later, I went to my room and read some daily readers with Sporty. I pet Superdog and she is laying beside my bed.

The day wasn't extraordinary, but it was perfect. There are few good days when you are locked up. I'll be perfectly content with many days just like today. We take freedom for granted so often. We always want extraordinary. What we don't realize is that it is the simplest of things that make a day great - and it starts with being grateful for everything we have - including freedom!

1 comment:

Please add your comments here: