New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Picking Blueberries

Our official recovery weekend has started and I feel so refreshed in the outdoors surrounded by friends who understand the same life struggles as my own. The minute Superdog and I parked on the land, a calmness washed over me. This is a place I've always felt peace. I have a lot of history on this land and many memories and no where could I feel more "free" right now than being here.

I had the opportunity to spend several hours with my aunt just catching up and relaxing. It was really just wonderful. She has always had an energy that's fascinated me. She is incredibly talented / actress, writer, and so much more. She's an adventurer, an ex hippy that's still kinda a hippy, interesting in myriad of ways, and usually the natural center of attention. She and my mom are complete opposites, yet that's not to say one is all good and the other bad - just complete opposites, like my sister and I.

Survivor came early and we went to lunch in town. It was wonderful to have that time. I miss my time with her. We used to be able to spend more to together, so today was nice! 

The rest of the gang started arriving a bit later and suddenly it was all of us together, catching up, hugging, laughing, looking at pictures/videos, talking, cooking, eating, gossiping, taking photos, telling stories, blowing up airbeds, making s'mores at a bonfire and so much more!!! Years can pass by and it's like yesterday!!! 

I can't take moments like this for granted, nor people like these women. They are amazing and I am so blessed to have this special weekend every year. It is so good to be surrounded by such love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: