New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Distraction Overload

I want to quickly update that someone must be mysteriously following this blog, because hours after posting my troubles, a phone call came and Enbrel found its way to my front door today in its cooler like packaging along with paperwork that shows a six month approval. No more month to month approval - it'll be automatically delivered through April. It's almost as if I still have those same miracle workers looking after me from the outside like they were when I was locked up and fought for my Enbrel approval in prison. It'll take a bit for my body to catch up, but I just hope for less days like Monday when I fell up the stairs...

Funny, I wanted to write tonight about distraction and as I was writing the paragraph above I received a text from T.S. simply with, "??" She'd asked me about thirty minutes earlier if I could help her find a source on a writing topic she has. I said, "yes," finished whatever I was doing, and then started writing this. I'd once again gotten distracted from what I intended to do. It's a miracle I remembered to come back to this blog...

In fact, I'd say that, lately, not more than ten minutes into any homework, assignment, project, work obligation, TV show, conversation, song, movie, anything,... My mind is somewhere else. It's horrible. It's rude. It's doing me a disservice. I'm in one class thinking about two others. I'm at work thinking about holiday gifts. I'm in my car putting seven different reminders in my phone. I'm paying bills and the next thing you know, I'm uploading pictures of my niece to my mom and sister.

I'm thinking that my head is especially like this right now because the semester end is near, I'm working on four different research projects, and so I'm juggling a lot of information in my head. I once compared my constant thoughts to someone flipping the channels on a remote control. Right now, I think my head is more like a broken search button on a radio that searches, stops, catches about ten seconds, just starts to like a song, then suddenly starts searching again...

I need to start setting mini goals, using pomodoro, and cutting myself off of the Internet when studying and in class except when necessary. I guess I just put all that out to the world, so I need to start trying. I'll start Monday. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: