New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Monday, November 17, 2014

A Simple Weekend

We had visitors for the last several days. Sporty's parents came in and we've been enjoying their company and keeping very busy. Six of us have been snuggled throughout our home, and it feels like a real home. I totally enjoy days filled with short road trips, sightseeing, a little shopping, listening to family stories, spending time with the young adults, and being a host. 

Sporty's father was recently diagnosed with the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. These are the times we need to cherish and he's still has quite the memory. Sporty's mom is full of energy. She's a lot of fun and just loves hanging out on facebook and being around family. If she could, I think she'd stay through the end of the week. They leave in the morning, though.

Today, I spent much of the day with T.S. and her first cousin Bracelets. They are just three months apart in age and have always been like sisters. Bracelets goes to school a couple hours away and joined us for the weekend since her grandparents were here. Today, the three of us went to the library together and, using the pomodoro technique, worked on our separate papers for school. We successfully studied for about 3 hours and avoided distraction using the technique. Success - and I taught them a new way to study. I have a lot more to do on my paper, but I'm much further than I was prior to today!

Tonight, I saw a decent movie, Whiplash, with T.S. and Bracelets. They are young adults, so it's very nice that they want me to tag along with them. Family really is awesome - even when they aren't the ones that are blood related.

Oy, I'm soooo tired and I have to be up at 6am to attend a conference for work. So, I'll just be grateful for a very nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: