New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

70,000 Page Hits

Sometimes I wonder how many people stumble across this blog and are like "that's not what I was looking for..." and quickly leave never to return. 70,000 page hits over 18 months for a blog is not something that makes a blog a stand-out, but it is certainly special to me! The very fact that anyone would want to return to here and be updated on my life is quite amazing to me. I really am just a normal, everyday person doing normal, everyday things. I just happen to write about them.

I say "normal" because I think far too many people think it extraordinary when someone who has been incarcerated and wears that big F on their forehead (FELON) can make it in society. It shouldn't be extraordinary. That should be the norm. Once someone has done their time they "should" be able to still function - right???

I actually don't like the word "normal," I mean by who's definition? I prefer "healthy" or something like that. My GA program's second step has "return us to a normal way of thinking and living" as part of it. I really like to think of that as a healthy way of thinking and living.

It is so difficult to think healthy while incarcerated. We are surrounded by everything that is unhealthy and not in our best interest. How can we best help those who are incarcerated to be able to develop healthy lives on the outside? Think of defining the term "healthy" broadly - not just about body - but about where we live, how we live, who we live with, etc.

I have not mastered the healthy way of thinking and living. I do my best. Progress, not perfection. Last night I think I had an "oh my god, I'm taking on too much over the next six months" breakdown. It was short-lived. I let it out. I slept good. Whew.

I guess that's actually part of a healthy lifestyle - having stress, letting it go. So is this, keeping up with my blog. At least on my end. Maybe for some of you, it's part of yours to read it. I won't pretend to know why. I will just thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing to spend part of your day with me. It means so much to me! Yay to my readers whether you stumble here and say, "whoa, not for me," or stick around for awhile. It means the world to me!!

1 comment:

  1. You write a very good blog. It is always interesting, sincere, authentic. It is always a good read. I look forward to the new posts.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments here: