New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Weather and Clothing

I decided to look up the average temperatures in Fort Worth. They certainly have the four seasons, even though they are south, although the winters will be milder than up in the north. It has been weird to think about going somewhere and packing nothing for the trip. With the weather what it is in Fort Worth, I would want a bit of my entire wardrobe. I love to wear layers, but only shorts and a t-shirt to sleep because I get warm. In prison, so many of these choices will be made for me.

I really do not enjoy cold weather, icy ground, or being in the snow. I like seeing it from the warmth of my home (or by a fire place). I do not walk super well and ice makes me nervous (in Jan 2012, I slipped on ice and tore my right knee ACL for the third time). I'm pretty much a klutz! I don't think there will be many icy days at the prison.

As for my clothing, I wonder how comfortable the prison garb is. I will certainly buy the t-shirts and long sleeve shirts to allow for layers (and sweats). At least I'm comfortable in khaki. One outfit for ten months, no fun socks or shoes, I'm not saying I'm a girlie girl by any means, but I will miss being able to look outside at the weather and deciding what I want to wear for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: