New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

From Sporty: Addendum to my visit with Dragonfly

I forgot to mention a few things in my recent post. When visiting an inmate at Carswell it is highly recommended that you find the location during the day when you can see where you are going. I attempted this in the very early morning when it was still dark out and it is very difficult to locate. It didn't come up on my GPS or my navigation system on my smart phone. It is very easy to mistaken Carswell Navy Base for Carswell Prison, as they are located right next to each other. You will drive through a residential area before reaching the gates of Carswell Prison. Another important thing is to bring money for the vending machines in the visiting area. I was told to bring quarters, but all the machines do take $1 and $5 dollars bills and provide change. Partaking in the items from the vending machines seemed to be very enjoyable for many of the inmates, as this is a time they can eat different types of food that they are not able to get on the inside. The money that a visitor brings in the prison must be in a clear plastic purse or zip lock baggie. Money and your car keys are the only items they allow visitors to bring inside with them. You may leave things in your car or there are lockers inside to secure your items before you go to the visitation room. I was told they will accommodate visitors who need to bring in prescription medication, but this is something I didn't do, so I don't know the procedures for this. I do know that once a visitor is in the visiting room, you may not leave the building and be allowed back in during that same day. Sporty

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you can tell me is the prison what i would call outside of the city or in Country?Is it near a large City/ thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is located in Fort Worth, which is a big city, but the area where prison is located is a residential neighborhood. Not where you would expect to see a prison.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments here: