New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

From Dragonfly: Letter On My Behalf

I just finished typing the letter I wrote to respond to the accusations against me by my university. I am still slightly in denial that it has come to this. I started on the typewriters, but all my errors made the letter look like it was being typed by a 5 year old - I am a computer nerd - not a typewriter one! So, I retyped it using the email system and printed it out so that I can send it. Unfortunately, the printer shows a header and also causes black lines down the side of the page (making it look like a photo copy), so, I took correction tape to white out the side lines and the header. After using the copy machine ($0.50/sheet), I was able to make the letter look professional. Many, many steps to make something we take for granted on the outside, possible. I even had to type it as two separate emails because of the character limits and then retype part of it when it printed alone on a page mid-letter. But I took my time with it and it is complete. It is just over 4 pages printed (single-spaced). This IS my life we are talking about. Part of me thinks I am saying too much and part feels that I am not saying enough. I believe it doesn't really matter. If they want me gone, they will see to it that my admission is revoked. It would break my heart!

One of my students saw me typing and said, "Oh, you know how to type!" and then proceeded to ask me to help her on the typewriters... Ummmm, we'll see how that goes!!! I guess some skill is better than none and many use the typewriters for official legal forms (very important)! I don't see why they can't provide some of the computers (that are sitting mostly unused in Education) with Microsoft word on them for people to get typing done, but we are in the dark ages. That is why we must be creative by using our email. Here, it is all about creativity with everything.

There is a huge line, so I am going to make this one short. I'm doing alright. The changing weather isn't great on my joints, but I'm surviving. Thank god I have this outlet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: