New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

From Dragonfly: News

I mentioned a bit ago how exciting it is to see the news once in a while. Well, my very good friends went in together and started to send me "USA Today." The newspaper arrived for the first time yesterday. I will receive it M-F and, while some may be backed up a day, at least yesterday's arrived on it's print date! I went through every page of the paper last night. I even forced South and Lola to work the crossword puzzle with me. What a great gift!!!!

I read in the paper last night that flu season is just getting going. I haven't heard of any more quarantines yesterday or today, but I did get some news. I heard (yes, though inmate.com) that they are moving all the inmates chronically ill (I fall into that category) from 1South to 1North. They want to make 1South into a "programming" unit - with women in residential programs living together in that unit. Right now, 1North is the programming unit. The two units are very, very similar, so I don't know why they are trading them. Interestingly, this change will uproot almost 1/3 of the women here. We will get new rooms, new roommates, have to pack up all our stuff (or trade out lockers), deal with new mattress delegation, and possibly end up on an upper level floor (even if we are on a lower level right now). I can already imagine the issues. I will just go with the flow and pray, if this is happening, that I get some good roommates. Not sure how many prayers it would take to end up in a room with one or more of my friends. That would be something good.

I mentioned to my co-workers that we should actually start a Carswell Newsletter. It should be weekly and inmates can submit poems or short stories. It will have updates from all the relevant departments, the weekly menu, a puzzle page, and important news. My co-workers like the idea... now to just find a supervisor who is willing to go to bat for us to get it going. That would be cool, if we can get it going. The Carswell Weekly. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: