New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

From Dragonfly: I'm Going Home!!!

I keep singing in my head, "I'm going home, I'm going home, tell the world I'm coming home..." It's a catchy toon that I can't quite stop - except for when the song, "I will always love you," is stuck in there... "If I could stay, I would only be in the way, so I'll go, but I'll know, I'll think of you every step of the way...." Not sure why Whitney Houston's song is stuck in my head at times, but it is there annoying me. So, I think I prefer my little "I'm going home, I'm going home, tell the world, I'm coming home," to the other, but I dare not sing either out loud... for fear that I will scare folks with my voice (and also because no one needs to add any amount of noise to this already loud place.)

Anyway, the jingle got stuck in my head a couple weeks ago... when I started to actually feel that I may be leaving here. Well, it's official. My electronic file was updated yesterday afternoon with my new date. I am getting my home confinement - and it starts May 28th. As you know, had I not been pushing, prodding, begging, etc., this would not be happening. Remember to be your own advocate and make sure your paperwork is getting done and is followed up on.

I do not have travel plans yet. Although, it occurred to me that since I am not allowed to give myself my own injection, and since the 26th is a holiday, I will need an injection on the 27th. If that is the case, then I will need to be flown home so that I can be here for my injection on the 27th and still to the halfway house on the 28th. Issue resolved. Of course, that is logic. The cost of a flight is only dollars more than the cost of a bus ticket. So, I pray they do say that I have to be flown home. A couple hour flight, with one change-over, is so much better than 30 hours or so in a bus! I'm not sure I could do enough stretching to not come off the bus looking like I am still seated (my body frozen in that pose...). :-)

Freckles also moved her case forward yesterday, and signed her release papers. It's been over a month since she was first called to do so. Finally, yesterday, they were ready to do it. She will get out of here for her halfway house on time - in July - right after her RDAP graduation. For a nearly 3 year sentence, with RDAP, she will only serve less than 11 months. I'm so very happy for her. She, too, needs to be able to move forward with her life, with her supportive husband, and enjoy her life. She is such a good person. She is one person I know I was meant to meet! We figure that we wouldn't have ended up at the same prison no matter what, because it was meant to be.

Sporty has been working overtime on my behalf to try to figure out what we can about my stay at the halfway house. It will be up to a week, but I hope much shorter. I will need clothing dropped off for me there - the list is very explicit on what is and is not allowed. I can have my cell phone - but can only use it off property (when I have appointments). They aren't happy that I have a doctor's appointment so soon after my arrival, but Sporty explained that the BOP required it for my injection. They will require me to leave no earlier than a certain time, have a note from the doctor showing the time the appointment ended, and be back within a specific amount of time from there. No stops. I'm still in custody, technically, and I certainly do not want to have to come back to prison! Breaking my home confinement/halfway house rules would result in, "I'm going back, I'm going back, I screwed up and I'm going back..." it's not as catchy a jingle and DEFINITELY one I don't want to EVER sing in my head. I will do whatever I'm told I must, because once I am on the other side of the barbed wire fences, I never want to walk back in. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: