New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

From Dragonfly: Uncertainties

As I've said before, there are never any certainties when it comes to prison. Get the idea of control out of your head. Things change last minute. You need to be able to adjust and accept. As always, acceptance is key.

So, this is actually a very positive writing... from the looks of things, I am coming home!!!! Sporty has made some calls, and a halfway house about 2 hours from where I live has me coming in on May 28th. That means I am either busing away from Texas on the 27th or flying out on the 28th. Hopefully, tomorrow I will have the answer to that.

How long I will stay at the halfway house is unknown. I will need clothes, so somehow that will need to be dropped off to me. They have rules, just like prison - wake-up times, sleep times, lights out, etc. I'll likely have chores and meetings and other things I'll have to do. It'll be a new experience, and at the same time, likely much more like being in prison than being home. But, I will wear my own clothes. I will be allowed to leave for appointments, job interviews (although I'll be 2 hours away from where I would need to be working). I will be allowed my cell phone (can't use INSIDE the halfway house, but can use outside). If I were actually eligible for halfway house, I'd be spending a lot longer there. My only anxiety of this is the unknowns. It's manageable. I need to release control.

Tomorrow morning, I will be at the office of the woman who does my travel plans. Hopefully, we can get through all the paperwork here quickly. Sometime this week, I will meet my doctor for the first time. It's been about 7 months since I've seen any doctor here, and more than 6 since my new doctor was assigned. For being chronic care, and her making decisions about what I'm "eligible" for upon release in terms of community programs, it really bugs me that she's never met me and just makes a decision based on notes in a medical file. However, I figure that if she denied me camp and halfway house time, then they should fly me home. We will see.

So, there are still many uncertainties. Anything can happen between now and May 28th. But, I'm noticing my favorite emotion building - HOPE - and also quite a bit of EXCITEMENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: