New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

From Dragonfly: Smile

"I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world..." Yep, still singing the jingle!! Actually, with a big smile on my face. I am not only going home, but I have my travel plans!!! They bought me an airline ticket!!!! No long days busing it! I'm happy. Truly.

This morning I had to sign my travel plans and have my thumb print once again taken. I guess they will compare the print at the halfway house to make sure it's really me checking in. I will be considered on "furlough" for the hours of my travel. I will be brought to the airport by town car and am given taxi fare to get from the airport to the halfway house on the other end. I will receive $14 for two meals - $7 each. I am told that I must go straight to the halfway house. There is a time I'm expected by and I cannot be late - it's the exact amount of time a taxi should take from the local airport. I will have a decent layover at an airport close to my family, but I am not allowed to leave the airport. I am still in custody, technically. I will be until my out date of July 2nd.

I am packing up two boxes. One will hold the nice blanket I had made for me when I first arrived and the blanket I am still working on with some yarn. The other box will contain everything else I am taking home. 9 months of my life will fit in that box. It's more than I came with, though.

I still have not seen my doctor. I'm not sure I'll meet her before I'm headed home - with the long weekend and all. That's okay, I'll be seeing my doc next week. I can't believe I'm really going. It hasn't hit me, yet. I don't think it really will until I am wearing my own clothes and walking out the door.

So, I guess next week starts the next chapter of my life - in custody, but free of the fences and the prison. I will have visitors of friends and family. I will be using my email, instead of Trulincs. I can google again. I can make a call on my cell phone. I can listen to a tv without earphones. I can type a letter to someone. I can go back to being a working woman. I can make more than 17 cents/hour. I can pay my own bills. I can attend GA meetings. Yes, my life moves forward again. I am so very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: