New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Monday, May 26, 2014

From Dragonfly: A Last Hurrah

Well, my friends didn't listen, so they are still going full speed ahead with a party for me tonight. We are starting with pictures at 6:45pm, followed by a cheesecake. I think Freckles is bringing me a fruit salad, because she knows it's what I want. ha. I'm not really going to say "goodbye" to anyone, I still have two more days and a wake-up, but we will just sit and enjoy each other's company, perhaps watch the big kickball game happening on the field (until the humidity says I should go inside).

Tomorrow will be my last day of having email and phone. They turn them off as part of the merry-go-round I'll have to do on Tuesday. I'll dress in my khaki's for one last time and go around with a slip of paper to every major office on the compound, getting signatures, saying I'm "released" to go. I hear they just throw away the forms, so I don't know why the ritual is so important, but I'll do it. Others tell me they won't. I'm still a rule follower - at least most of the time!!!

I just had my last "laundry war," as I did my last load while I'm here. Someone moved my clothes to the dryer early and then tried to take my stuff out of the dryer before they were dry. Luckily, I caught them in the act, and my clothes stayed in. Someone I know will wash my dark greys on Tuesday, so I can wear them to R&D on Wednesday and also have them for pj's on Wednesday night in the halfway house. I literally used my very last scoop of Tide. At least my pillow case will smell fresh for my last couple of days here.

I'm about to go to the rec center and meet up with Freckles. We will do a Jillian Michael's workout. We did a beginner step workout yesterday - I prefer the Michael's workouts more. I may also do "Pilate's for Dummies," which is a good stretch and shape as well. There are like 194 videos to choose from - a good amount of different types of workouts. For me, I stick to the beginner and low intensity level, I can't jump, run, hop, etc.

So, it'll be a good day. I am still smiling. My last weekend day in prison. I hope everyone I hurt can see that I've paid my consequences. They wanted me in prison. I did prison. I hope everyone lets the past go and moves forward with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: