New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Warmer Climate


I think for the time being I need to write about something a little more positive. I've thought for sometime about moving to a warmer climate after graduation. It will be better for my health and with the winters the way they've been lately, I am pretty sure there's nothing that is going to keep me in the midwest. Chances are, I'll be making my way down to the Southeast, although if T.S. has her way, the entire family will be moving far Southwest - like coastal west - but we will see. There are careers and years that will go in to making these decisions. With the knowledge that my mother is going to be moving away from my childhood hometown within a short period of time to another state and my father lives in another state already, moving out of the midwest once again is not all that hard for me.

I like the idea of new beginnings. Although it wouldn't be entirely new - I'd be bringing people along with me. I'd have my education, my past, my friends, and most of my things. It's not like starting entirely over. However, it is a chance for a freshness of sorts - a new way of life. In a warmer climate, I can plan for outdoor walks nearly every day of the year (when it is not raining). My vitamin D deficiency that I take mega pills for may be no longer. I could potentially grow some of my own vegetables year round. I would have new GA meetings to check out. New beginnings can be fun. Plus a warmer climate means that my friends from the midwest may see my new surroundings as a fun vacation spot!!! Hahaha.

Ah, I dream. I cannot live in a dream world. Right now, I live in a place with many inches of snow and ice on the ground and it is freezing outside! However, one day, I believe I will not live here any longer. I do not know when that is, but it will be one day. Until then, I need to wear four layers of clothing to step outside and just be grateful I have heat in my home and warm boots and gloves. I'm glad I am no longer gambling and can pay my heating and other utility bills on time. But when I close my eyes, I know that I will live somewhere different one day and it brings a smile to my face because soon, the sun will shine on me most days of the year and for that, I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: