New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Fabulous Meeting

Ah, and then there's hope. My favorite word, once again. Hope, hope, hope, hope, hope. I have it again and I'm smiling. I couldn't wait to get online and write. I spent the entire weekend lost in my head - although watching the Academy Awards was fun at times, my brain never went totally clear - except when Neil Patrick Hauser was in his underwear - what was that??? Now, I'm once again myself. I have HOPE!!! HOPE!!!


I was at work this morning and I received an email from a professor who wanted to meet with me about my thesis. It was a meeting we've been trying to schedule and they happened to have an opening, so I made my way over to their office before my class started this afternoon. They are a professor in CJ, but also have a history as an administrator and we have both worked on a committee on teaching/learning in the past. We'd already set up a summer independent study and I knew that I looked forward to learning from/with them in the future.

We spent a good 20 minutes talking through my thesis around doing an autoethnographic study around the blog entries I wrote between August 19th and May 28th of this here blog. There are some very unique things around doing an autoethnographic study and we talked through some of those issues. It was a good conversation and I was able to answer questions well and they are comfortable with me moving forward with my thesis proposal.

So good to know and remember that there are people that know my hard work and have my back. People who judge me for who I am and require more than circumstantial evidence to pass judgement. People who will go the extra mile. I was told to keep my professor informed of each step as this goes forward and I certainly will. I did not start this day even knowing I would see this professor, but I know that they were put into my day so that I would be able to have hope back into my life. I'm still having this opportunity to think about my life, choices, and opportunities. I just am glad to know that all the fears of what I had are not going to occur. I do not know the future. Right now, though, I still have a lot to be grateful for.

My professor wants to start my independent study early. That will fill up my time after midterms and spring break and give me a little less time on it this summer when I am officially taking 12 credits in order to graduate on time. Plus - I'll have my thesis. Summers usually consist of 3-6 credits due to shorter semesters, so I'll have a lot on my plate. I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: