New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Where are they now?

I decided to do some research on my friends left in Texas. I knew some of them may have been transferred away, or were hoping to, so, I went on the federal inmate finder to see where everyone may be at the moment. I was pretty pleasantly surprised to find that many of my friends were no longer behind the fences at FMC Carswell!! Here's what I learned:

Cali has been transferred much closer to home and is at the Dublin camp. I'm sure she gets to spend time with her husband and family.
Appeal is still at FMC Carswell.
My bunkie must either be at a HWH or on home confinement in her region. Yay!
Taz is still at FMC Carswell for a bit longer. She has some new pen pals she is enjoying.
A former education coworker a good person was finally transferred to the Phoenix camp, where she can be close to her husband who is undergoing chemo. I'm so glad she can see him during her visitation hours!
Chi is still at the Carswell camp but she loves it there. She works in rec and it is much better than the prison side of Carswell.
Freckles is out of the HWH (although I think she may still post some stories about it) and is serving time on home confinement in her region.
Lola is at the Carswell prison camp and also works at rec in an administrative type position. She is able to smile and laugh again.
Nurse was transferred to Victorville. With all her situations of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, I'm so glad she finally was transferred to a camp. I imagine she sees her daughters and granddaughter frequently!
Glitter has about three more months at Carswell. I know she may have to serve some state time after that. I pray she doesn't. I don't know why they don't allow sentences to be run at the same time for nonviolent crimes especially.
Star is home with her three kids and doing well. She took her ACT to go back to college. Her baby born in prison is a very healthy boy.
South is healthy and strong. Unfortunately, she's lost some close family members since coming back home. Loss is never easy.
Red is a newlywed and happy. She was recently promoted at her job and is looking to go back to college.
Mama, as you know, is at Lexington and seeing her family every weekend. Her parents finally have custody of her boys.

There are others, of course, but I do not know any updates. It takes a bit of investigating to do this. I wish I gave everyone names so I could report on more. A lot of changes in just over six months. I wonder if that's mostly true due to us being at a medical center or if it would be true at any prison. Anyone you are curious about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: