New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Monday, July 8, 2013

A date. A location. A time.

August 19th. FMC Carswell. 10am.

Earlier than I thought I would be self-surrendering. I'd hoped I could have my GA 5 year pinning on Aug. 25th. I'd been looking forward to helping move T.S. (a young woman who I love like a daughter) into her freshman dorm room in late August. I'd hoped that I would be able to attend the 5th annual women's recovery weekend that I've been hosting at my aunt's land every September. I'd hoped I could spend some time away from where I attend school, close to family and friends, and attend temple for the Jewish High Holidays. My attorney had told me she thought I'd have more time. I do not.

I will finish my summer graduate assistantship and class on Friday, August 16th. I will likely rent a car with Survivor to make a special two day journey down to Fort Worth, TX. I will eat my last bites of real beef and other delights. I will sleep in a comfortable bed on the night of August 18th. Survivor will probably tell me to stop playing with my phone, or to stop talking, or we will just stay up talking and laughing (we've been known to do that!) I will make some last phone calls on the 18th and early on the 19th. We may drive by the gate early once, just to be sure we know where we are going. I will have all my papers in order and everything I am supposed to bring. I'll have looked through them to be sure at least a dozen times. Survivor may too. I'll do my best not to cry as they drive me away from my friend to the medical center. I'm not sure how successful I'll be at that - as I'm crying right now just writing this.

Women's Federal Medical Center Carswell Prison (Fort Worth, TX)

1 comment:

  1. Weird, it looks like a company, not a prison. You have so much courage and smarts.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments here: