New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Website of Interest

I found a website that may be of interest to some. It is by a woman in a similar predicament but focuses more on the inside than preparation. Please follow this link to "prison woman talks."

I found reading her updates very interesting for a number of reasons:
1) She somehow gets access to the Internet on a weekly basis while in prison camp
2) She has interesting insights on what she thought things would be like versus what she was observing
3) She is taking her first college courses while in prison through a partnership with a community college (although she does comment that she would like to earn a PhD in her 19 months on the inside)
4) She has an interesting take on why some people visit and others don't.
5) I really liked her piece on "mail call" 

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! My mom followed your blog all the way up till she just self surrendered. She self surrendered on Monday at Carswell. I just talked to her for the first time this afternoon. She told me that she is in your old bed with your old roommates. Small world! I just thought I'd reach out to you and let you know that you're blog was and still is so very helpful to both my mom and my family. And thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments here: