New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Doctor Who

My neighbor, Cache, and I like to spend time together NOT talking about our stress, my leaving, illness, or dieting. We like to watch movies and tv shows that entertain us, make us laugh, and allow us to get out of our heads for a while. Cache introduced me to Doctor Who at the end of spring, just before I knew my sentencing to prison. Before that, I honestly believed house arrest was a very real option and I imagined night after night of Cache and I sitting in my apartment watching The Doctor fly through space and time in his TARDIS, saving the human race and any other species deserving to continue to exist. Instead, we try to get 1-2, sometimes we are crazy and just can't stop and do more, episodes in a night, and see how far I can get before I have to leave. She's seen them all. I'm about 1/2 way through season five. I think there's a lot about watching Doctor Who that is actually poinient to the world in which I am about to enter.

The Doctor blindly enters new worlds knowing there's danger, but not quite sure of what the danger is. At his core is his need in keeping those he cares about safe. He uses his intelligence, not weapons (generally), to outsmart opponents and survive. He can't wait to get beyond his current dangerous situation and find freedom once again.

The Doctor needs companionship to be successful in the long run. He gets lonely and like most people, can't do everything without help. This is not a need for a sexual relationship, but for someone to care about and who cares about him.

I see many parallels between that and how I will survive my next 10 or so months. Perhaps I'm just wanting to write a blog about Doctor Who, but it's been a wonderful way to have a healthy escape with the company of Cache as I face my distant unknown world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: