New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Little Boxes, Big Boxes, Boxes, Boxes, Boxes

I wonder how many people needing to self surrender are in my situation. Living alone. Rental apartment. Need to pack up and move everything before I travel 1,000 miles to my next shared living experience where I will bring nearly nothing with me. I've finally "started" packing a little more. Friends are coming by throughout the week to give me additional help. I obtained boxes from others recent moves and being grateful at not having to salvage or purchase any, I just took them all in like lost kitties. I now have an entryway and a car filled with boxes of every shape, size, and weight and at least twice the number I will need, so I will merely pass them on.

I am also packing boxes to give to others. A box of school supplies for T.S. A box of my medical records and a box of my financial records to be stored with friends just in case. A pile of items to give to Traveler who knows someone who sells things on eBay in order to survive. Bags full of cards that I hate throwing away, but I can't keep everything. As much as I've started, my fatigue hits me quickly and I can't accomplish a fraction of my packing or sorting goals.

Today was productive in other ways though. I did reserve a moving truck and a storage locker. I had to have Sporty actually get the storage locker since she will be moving my things into her home (my future home while on supervision) when I am serving my time. Actually my things will only be stored for one month, and public storage offers the first month for $1, so with fees- the month is only $16 total. Quite the deal. My moving day is 6 days away. I will have to be very productive during my non work hours for the next 5 days!

I can't believe I have only one more full weekend where I live before I travel to Texas. Sometimes the waiting goes really slow, but now everything is moving in a time warp!

15 days til self surrender. Two weeks from tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: