New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Moving Day

Today marked the day of moving all my belongings out of my apartment into a storage unit where they will sit for one month. Then, while I am incarcerated, my friend Sporty will take them out of storage as she moves into our new townhouse, which I will share with her upon my release. I'm crossing every "t" and dotting every "i".

My health and issues with my lower extremities make me a useless mover, so I had to depend entirely on the good will of friends and their friends. I hired some movers who never showed. Typical. We did need some more muscle, so I called every hauler I could find on Craigslist and finally found a guy who came with his friend. They were the help we needed at the right time. It wasn't the smoothest move, but definitely not the toughest, and no one and no furniture was destroyed, so, I am leaving content-  with a job well done. 

My friend Traveler planned the whole thing, so once again I'm amazed at how lucky I am to have the love and support of so many generous and inspiring people!! Also, Cowboy, my friend from my hometown, also in GA, was driving through and decided to stop by and help. That's the work of his recovery program through and through. I will not necessarily be able to do directly back for them anytime soon, but I can certainly PAY IT FORWARD. And I shall!!!

I will live at Cache's apartment for the week until I leave. We shared my Internet, so we need to get our Doctor Who downloaded to keep watching. At least I know I won't be alone my last week in town

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: