New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

From Dragonfly: A Visit from Sporty

It's been more than two months since my last visit - the weekend of my birthday. So, today, I am really looking forward to my visit with Sporty. Sure, I'll enjoy the "different" food, the orange soda, the conversation, the laughs, but most of all, I look forward to the big BEAR hugs we will give each other when she comes and goes. There is really no "touch" when you are in prison (unless you violate rules). You don't realize what it's like to not be hugged, or have someone brush your hand to say, "It's going to be okay." Physical connection is important in life - I'm not talking sex - I'm talking just intimacy between two people. We all need to be hugged every now and then, so I'm looking forward to four great hugs this weekend - two today and two tomorrow. I suppose that will last me until I am home... in 64 days and a wakeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: