New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy :-)

Letter to Survivor 3-21-2014

Survivor [HAPPY STICKER],

I put “happy” because I am. I wonder if you can feel my smile all the way there, it’s warm enough to even melt your snow. My exit summary is complete and my papers are being mailed to my region on Monday to request my home confinement. May 28th, 65 days and a wake-up….I can do that!

It’ll be the perfect time of year. I may be having to stay indoors during home confinement, depending on my probation requirements, but it will be nice weather and my windows can let in fresh air! Hope will be ready to be ridden. With all the students heading home earlier in May, some jobs may be available as well. My future starts in May J

I miss you sooo much. It’s been 7 months since you dropped me off in the parking lot. My emotions were on hold, as I walked to the truck to begin the 5-minute ride across base to the prison. Shock was all I felt for days. I want to help ensure less of us ever have to go through this experience. Prison is not the answer for non-violent addicts. I need to help build the alternative, be part of the solution.

I started writing, I think a book. It wasn’t intentional. I couldn’t sleep a couple nights ago and at 4am, it all just spewed out of me, my Prologue. I’ve had 4 people read it. They say they want “more.” I want it to read like a novel, even though it’s non-fiction. I think it achieves that and draws in readers. I’m writing it long-hand, of course, but I’m just inspired to give a message of hope to others. I’m putting out to the Universe that I’m going to publish with a major publisher, and try to be on Oprah’s Book Club choice. Why not? Ha!...

I love you, Dragonfly J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: