New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Self surrendered

  Dragonfly Hazel self surrendered  yesterday morning at Carswell prison. I am Survivor.  It was a surreal experience. As I knew Dragonfly Hazel would do, she surrendered with dignity.

We arrived at the main entrance to Carswell 30 min early so we could have time to talk and say our goodbyes.   Dragonfly Hazel approached the police guard shack 5 minutes before her report time and advised them she was there to self surrender. The guard took her information and told her it could take10 min to one hour before the box truck would be there to take her in. He said it was ok to sit in the car with the AC since it was so hot.  It took about 20 min for the white truck to show. 

The guard/driver approached the guard shack, exchanged information and approached the car. She got out and showed him what she had to take in...a couple days of her current meds and her paperwork from her doctors.  He asked if she had anything in her pockets..no..and said it was time to go.

We gave each other one last hug and they walked to the truck. After getting in the truck she called to me that she needed her license for ID,  which I had and provided.  Appararently they hold on to it and return upon release.

I sat in my car and watched the truck turn and enter through the naval base entrance.  Dragonfly Hazel put her hand on the window to say goodbye. That is when I wept. I had held it together for the entire weekend for her. It was now my time to grieve her situation. We will try to post updates as we get them. She may be inside those walls, but always in our hearts, thoughts  and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this update Survivor. I'll continue to look here for updates. What a journey so far.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments here: