New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

On 8-21-2013 I wrote a one page note with the large words "I'M O.K." with small statements surrounding the words and mailed it off to Survivor. These statements were my thoughts and observations just a couple days into my imprisonment. "I am o.k." comes from the C.O. we met a couple days earlier who told me to tell everyone I was okay no matter what... Thank you Survivor for holding on to the mail I sent you!

8-21-13

I'm O.K.
I’m talking with the education department about a tutoring job.
The drama here is more than you can ever imagine.
There is no GA meeting. I asked the Chaplain if I can start one.
I go to clinic every day for A.M.  appt, vitals, TB test, DNA test, etc.
My pillow is a feather pillow (first night they give you no pillow or sleep clothes)
I stand and walk and stand and wait and stand a lot. I’m tired.
About 50% of the inmates speak Spanish.
Being a self-surrender is very rare and this place is very over-crowded.
There are 3 other Jewish women of the 1,500+ inmates.
Lights out at 10:30pm.
Inmates go crazy on commissary, especially food and seasonings.
I live in 1 south in a room called the “bus stop.”
I’ve become an introvert.
I’ve been hit on at least 3x, but I’ve made it clear I’m not interested.
It takes me 45 minutes standing in line to get into Pharmacy, each meal, and my pill line, no sitting!
It took me until Wed. evening to get into the email system. Lines can be 1-hour long.
There are a lot of inmates waiting to be deported, but here for months.
I have a bank robber in my cell.
One of my roommates just got out of the SHU after 3 months.
I’ve met women with as much as 30 years here.
I have made a” friendship” with South, in my cell and also a newbie self-surrender. She’s 67, here due to Lupus and we trust each other. She worked at a University.
I have 6 roommates (4 have girlfriends).
I am given underwear a size too small originally and all my shirts are too big because they run out of sizes a lot.
I can spend $160 every 2 weeks in commissary. For right now, I need to. Plus $ for email/calls, so $400 in Sept.
I sweated off about 2lbs a day.
Some people are nice.
One woman said she knows 10 cent words and asked if anyone knew what “erroneous” meant. No one here but South and I did.
Mental Health and Physical Health population are together. Many people have no health issues here.
I am having a hard time sleeping, but am sleeping.
I’ve lost 5 lbs. since arriving 48 hours ago, according to the clinic scale.
I’M O.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: