New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Friday, September 13, 2013

From Dragonfly: Good News

Not the best news (which would be an earlier out date), but good news for my health. I was on the "call out" to the nurse this morning and thought it was to once again do my vitals. But, instead, it was the injection group. I am OFFICIALLY getting my enbryl on Mondays and Fridays (starting today). I have no reference for how the medication finally got approved (as it was denied formally by the DOP central medical offices twice).

My guess is one of two things. The first is that they took the 26 vials of blood from me a couple weeks ago. Depending on the results, perhaps that supported the change in approval for enbryl (it will take another 1-2 months before I actually see those results). The second possible reason is that nice Jewish prisoner organization I reached out to prior to self-surrendering. They had said that they would advocate for my medication and my friend, Faith, took it on to contact them when I was not approved. It is possible that their contacts with the regional or central offices got me approval. There's no way for me to know which item, or whether both, worked. All I can say is that I will have way less fatigue, sweating episodes, and pain because of this change. It makes me very happy.

On a negative note, having this medication may keep me a "level 4" medical inmate and not allow me the earlier release (where I have to be a level "2"). I will still talk with the nurse next week to see what I need to do to get my medical level down. According to the different level descriptions, I should fit into a level 2 hands down. Level 4 is for inmates who need constant medical attention and assistance with their daily needs (dressing, washing, etc.). I am not that ill and hope they will see that. But, one day at a time on all this. Today is already starting better than the last couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: