New to this Blog?

Thank you for choosing to read this blog. I strongly suggest clicking "start at the beginning" on the right column of this page (or from the header if using a phone) in order to follow this blog in the way it was written. Reading backwards from present may not provide as rich a reading experience. Thanks everyone!

Monday, September 9, 2013

From Dragonfly: Weekends

Weekends are especially low key here. There are no call-outs, so unless someone has a job that includes weekend hours, our time is very open (although we can still only go between buildings and areas in the last 10 minutes of each hour). There was a big softball game on the campus on Saturday, where an outside team came here to play the all-stars of the campus team. It was packed on the field. I didn't know what was going on until it was over. Somehow, everyone else knew. It was too hot to be outdoors anyway and many women are sunburned from watching the game.

I did go to indoor recreation. That's where the card/board games, pool tables, work out equipment, aerobic/other body classes, and indoor type activities occur. I went there to use a book they have that allows inmates to order craft supplies. It was a good thing I went that day, as I learned that the first Saturday of the month is the last opportunity to order for a full month. It will take about 2-3 months (not kidding) for me to receive the supplies I ordered. I ordered blank cards, colored paper, markers, scissors (safety), and the like in order to make/design my own cards. I am hoping to receive the supplies before the holidays. South plans to share the cost and make cards with me. A lot of people sell their crafts and get paid through commissary, but we just want to do it for ourselves and maybe give some away. As I've said before, I am trying best to not engage in the underground marketplace. The card making will be an activity to keep me busy and creative... at least for a bit. I am also purchasing the goods to make a locker organizer this week at commissary - using yarn and plastic boards with holes. I could hire someone who is good at doing it, but I want to try to do it on my own. I need things to do. It should take a couple days or longer to complete (depending on style and detail). One of my roommates (Hust) has a really nice one which is Dallas Cowboys. I don't think I can be that detailed, but I will try (although my teams are not the cowboys or anything in Texas!).

Two minutes left to my email time, so I am signing off here. A new week, and three weeks down. Day 22 begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: